Pronounced an-am-nee-sis, this word had more definitions than I originally anticipated. Here's the rundown from Dictionary.com, just so I have it right:
- the recollection or remembrance of the past; reminiscence.
- Platonism. recollection of the Ideas, which the soul had known in a previous existence, especially by means of reasoning.
- the medical history of a patient.
- Immunology. a prompt immune response to a previously encountered antigen, characterized by more rapid onset and greater effectiveness of antibody and T cell reaction than during the first encounter, as after a booster shot in a previously immunized person.
- Often Anamnesis. a prayer in a Eucharistic service, recalling the Passion, Resurrection, and Ascension of Christ