1. of or pertaining to an island or islands
2. dwelling or situated on an island.
3. forming an island
4. detached; standing alone; isolated.
5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of islanders.
6. narrow-minded or illiberal; provincial
7. Pathology . occurring in or characterized by one or more isolated spots, patches, or the like.
8. Anatomy . pertaining to an island of cells or tissue, as the islets of Langerhans.
9. an inhabitant of an island; islander.
"No man is an insular being."
-John Donne's lesser-known brother, Joe Donne
Sorry for encroaching on Wednesday's turf!