vicissitude [vi-SIS-i-tood, -tyood]
1. a change or variation occurring in the course of something.
2. interchange or alternation, as of states or things.
3. vicissitudes, successive, alternating, or changing phases or conditions, as of life or fortune; ups and downs
4. regular change or succession of one state or thing to another.
5. change; mutation; mutability.
After the play director had completed all her vicissitudes throughout the monthlong rehearsal process, the performed script had few resemblances to the original. Needless to say, she was quite thoroughly sued after the playwright decided to pay the show a surprise visit on the first night of its run.