1612, from un- "not" + regenerate (see regeneration)
1. not regenerate; not renewed in heart and mind or reborn in spirit; unrepentant: an unregenerate sinner.
2. refusing to believe in the existence of God: an unregenerate atheist; an unregenerate skeptic.
3. unconvinced by or unconverted to a particular religion, sect, or movement; unreconstructed.
4. persisting in the holding of prior convictions; opposing new ideas, causes, etc.; stubborn; obstinate: an unregenerate reactionary.
5. not reformed; wicked; sinful; profligate; dissolute: an unregenerate way of life.
6. an unregenerate person.
Even for those of us reared in "the land of the Book" and thus with some understanding of the Biblical doctrine of "the fall" and the unthinkable depths of depravity to which unregenerate human nature can plumb, such allegations almost beggar belief.--David A. Young